SSA supports national efforts in humanitarian relief work in response to regional disasters, working hand in hand with humanitarian organisations like Mercy Relief, Singapore International Foundation and Singapore Red Cross Society, among others.
The association also helped in various international relief efforts through fundraising in cash and in-kind:
- Nepal Earthquake in 2015
- Super Typhoon Haiyan in 2013
- China Gansu Earthquake in 2013
- Japan Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011
- Sichuan Earthquake and Myanmar Cyclone in 2008
- Indonesia Sumatra Earthquake in 2009
- Asian Tsunami in 2005
- Gujarat Earthquake in 2001
- Sumatra Earthquake in 2000
- Turkey Earthquake in 1999
SSA also shared on the tsunami relief experience at the Singapore Humanitarian Conference in 2005.