29 May 2020 SSA’s Advisory No.18
SSA’s Advisory No. 18
29 May 2020
ADVISORY FOR ALL SSA MEMBERS
With the recent announcement on the phased approach to resuming activities safely from 2 June 2020 post circuit breaker, SSA will be making the following adjustments to our operations for the month of June 2020:
 Centre Operations
- All SSA Centres, including the An-Le Columbarium, will remain closed till further notice.
- Sales outlets and e-sales will continue to be suspended as no orders can be processed for delivery offsite.
 Soka Funerals and Wakes
- Wakes, funerals rites and the installation of niches will continue to involve up to 10 persons at any one time (excluding skeletal supporting staff).
- The nightly chanting session will still be confined to close family members and relatives only.
- Members are encouraged to support the bereaved family through daimoku chanted at your own homes and/or through sending condolences to the bereaved family via phone calls and text messages.
 SSA Wedding Ceremony
- SSA Wedding Ceremony will continue to be suspended.
 SSA Publications
- For our current subscribers, please continue to access June’s Creative Life and SSA Times via epub.ssabuddhist.org on 1 and 15 June respectively. The printed copies from April to date will only be delivered sequentially once office operations are permitted.
 2020 National Day Parade (NDP)
- As announced in the news on 20 May by the NDP 2020 Organising Committee, this year’s NDP will be a scaled-down event in line with the COVID-19 guidelines, with fewer than 300 participants mainly from the Home Team, the Singapore Armed Forces, the Music and Drama Company and some selected performances and artistes.
- As such, SSA will not be involved in this year’s NDP.
- We would like to express our sincere appreciation to all who have expressed interest to participate in this year’s NDP. We will keep you informed should there be other areas of involvement subsequently.
As Singapore gradually re-opens and moves into the next phase of COVID-19 management, let us continue to stay vigilant and prudent to ensure that SSA remains infection-free. We will continue to monitor the situation and advise on any changes in response to the Government’s latest directions. As our staff are still working to serve the members from our homes, do contact us at our main line at 6551 8900 or email us at email@example.com if you have any queries.
We are deeply appreciative of all your continued support in this endeavour to minimise all risks to protect everyone. Though the road ahead to a new COVID-19 safe environment seems uncertain, let us play our part, stay positive and united, to overcome this situation with sincere daimoku. In the meantime, we will continue to engage everyone via the various online video broadcasts and through our Courageous 1-2-3 Actions. Let’s ensure that no one is left behind in all our online kosen-rufu activities!
Ikeda Sensei shared recently,
“No matter how daunting the summits we encounter on our path to kosen-rufu, we the members of Soka, united by the bonds of mentor and disciple, will spread our wings of compassion and wisdom and soar courageously onward. With the most beautiful unity in all the world, let us triumph over every difficulty to create a life-affirming song of victory and impart the golden-hued light of hope to illuminate the future of humanity!”
ISSUED BY SSA HEADQUARTERS